Friday, December 14, 2012

How to: AIRBRUSH Make Up without an airbrush

It's almost the end of the week loves! I bet you're all planning something for the weekend! Well, my mom-in-law arrives tonight from Dubai and were going to the metro again tomorrow at the hotel where she stays. So I might not be posting another article for about a day or two so we can have some time with the family. It's also her first time to see my son walking and talking. :)

Anyway, a lot of people noticed about the flawless make up I've had on the wedding that we attended to last Wednesday. Some thought that I've used an airbrush for the make up I did. Well, I don't have an airbrush to do that. All I have are brushes to start with. 

Here's a technique I've learned a couple of months ago and I was surprised when it turned out to be what it was supposed to be. LOL!
I've used my REVLON Photo Ready liquid foundation in Shell, MAC Fix+ and a stippling brush to do the trick.


Steps:

1. Spray some MAC Fix+ on your stippling brush to avoid drying of foundation and for smooth application.
(You can also spray water or any alternative vitamin water)


2. The white bristles should be the only part where your liquid foundation will go through. 


3. Put a generous amount of liquid foundation at the back of your hand and take them using your stippling brush.
4. Use the stippling method in applying the foundation on your face and neck.
5.  Immediately swirl the foundation on your face so it won't dry up.
6. Apply foundation as needed on your face and neck area.
7. After doing all the make up, set by using a loose or compact powder. I used MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder for my look.


This look was actually after 4 hours of applying the make up, see that there's a certain glow and the finish was great!
(Sorry for the candid shot my husband took!)

An affordable and easy way to achieve an airbrush look without spending too much for another tool. 

Have you tried this technique too?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment