Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Review: HOW TO LOOK THE BEST AT EVERYTHING

Hi there again pretty ladies! Here is the review of my past Benefit purchase: How to Look the Best at Everything.



This Flawless Complexion Kit (FAIR) consists of: The POREfessional, Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow (believe in me ivory), Lemon Aid, Boi-ing (01) and Hello Flawless Powder (i love me ivory).

The POREfessional




The first time I tested it on my skin, one word: SMOOTH. The cream is very smooth and light, you can barely feel it on your skin.

PROs:
-foil sealed, ensured the freshness of the product
-very good (and nice) packaging
-slightly coloured but becomes transparent when blending
-helps smoothen the face making it perfect for make up
-works as a make up base/primer
-velvety finish

CONs:
-silicone content, so if you're allergic, better stay away from it
-very pricey...the deluxe tube costs Php 1,600.00 around $38 here in the Philippines

I like this product 'cause it really hides my pores and I like the smoothness when blended. I just hope Benefit can produce a smaller tube than the deluxe since it's very pricey.

Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow


swatch

The container says, "brightening make up". For me, it's a liquid foundation but not oil based. It feels so light when applied to the face, I even felt a cooling effect which is very refreshing.

With Oxygen Wow Hydrating Complex:
- helps boost cellular respiration for a "plumping up" effect
-helps protect against environmental stress
-contains vitamins C & E, minerals and peptides that brighten, hydrate and prevent signs of aging
-oil free, fragrance free
-SPF 25 PA+++ it protects from UVA and UVB rays

This is available in 9 shades, the one included on the Fair package is "Believe in me Ivory". Its texture is more liquidy compared to other liquid foundations, maybe because it's oil-free.

I'm pretty happy with this foundation and how it refreshes my skin. This retails at Php 1,900 for a 30 ml bottle (around $45).

Lemon Aid


 lemon aid swatch

This works like a concealer for our eyelids. At first, I never thought that I have to use a concealer on them since I always use a primer before applying make up. But what about the days when we don't need eye make ups? Here's the solution to our sometimes dull, tiny bit reds around the lids.

Lemon Aid is yellow based and will work on any skin type. It's creamy but dense enough to make a nice base for your eye make up. During the days that you don't need to put on eye make up, just dab a little bit amount on your eye lids and it will definitely make your eyes look fresher!

Lemon Aid costs Php 1,100.00, about $26

Boi-ing (01)


Boi-ing swatch

Most of us always try to hide our under eye circles. That's what Boi-ing concealer does. Just dab it on your under eyes and you can instantly hide those blemishes. For me, it also works as an eye brightener too!

Boi-ing costs Php 1,100.00 around $26

Hello Flawless Powder


 swatch

The shade included in the package I got was, "I love me Ivory". Some says that it is the best cover up they have ever tried. For me, it's just like a face powder and I'm still sticking on my Mac products when it comes to coverage. But for everyday use, I think this will be okay if you don't need too much cover up and only light make up.

The price is Php 1,900.00 around $45

Overall, the purchase was worth it (Php 1,600.00) since I can try all these products. Since Benefit Cosmetics are a bit too pricey, you may want to purchase their products by these packages rather than purchasing them on retail. Good thing they have these packages where we can try a number of their products without splurging too much.

'til my next post loves! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment