Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review: ELF MAKE UP BRUSHES

I have reviewed my ELF products for this month, also wrote my remedy for cleaning my brushes. So how could I forget my reliable brushes from ELF then?

Well since I got introduced to ELF cosmetics two years ago, I have noticed their lovely and affordable pieces of make up tools whenever I pass by their counters inside the malls particularly SM department stores. Before their studio line (the tools and make up products in black) were launched, they already have these brushes in a more budget-friendly price.

Here are the ELF brushes that I have:

 I have four (4) brushes from ELF that is essential for my gigs :)

ELF Total Face Brush

(+) affordable price
(+) soft bristles after first wash
(+) can be used daily
(+) doesn't bleed too much

(-) bristles may dry if not washed properly


* Overall, I use this brush for blushers and loose powder, for touch ups as well.


ELF Foundation Brush

(+) affordable
(+) gives a smooth finish in applying liquid foundation
(+) soft bristles
(+) nice color


* I love using this every time I apply liquid foundation, it makes application smooth and easy.


ELF Eye Shadow Brush

(+) affordable
(+) can be used daily
(+) easy to clean
(+) doesn't bleed

(-) bristles may fall after first wash
(-) may dry if not washed properly
 
* It's very economical to use, you can purchase a number of this brush since it's so affordable. So you don't have to keep on washing your brushes whenever you apply different colors of eye shadow.


ELF Blending Brush

(+) affordable
(+) easy to use

(-) bristle shape may be deformed after several washes


* As you can see from the photo, the bristles already deformed after washing it for quite a number of times. For its price, you can't expect for a very good quality but I can say that it does the job well. I have used it for more than six (6) months with several washes so I think I've already used up its quality then. :)

WILL I REPURCHASE THEM?

If for the price and quality, YES. Especially if you have other people to use your brushes with.

'til then!

No comments:

Post a Comment