Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Remedy for Make up Brush Cleansers

Just this morning, I realized that I need a new stock of cleansers for my brushes. Running out of make up brush cleansers is a big NO especially if you use your brushes regularly. But then, I need to wash them and use what I have in my kit.

These two products are what I've used to clean the brushes:


left: Pure Beauty Perfect Cleansing Oil
right: Johnson's Baby shampoo 

Why these two?

Pure Beauty Cleansing Oil - a lot of make up artists and enthusiasts uses olive oil to clean their brushes if they don't have cleansers. I just thought that I can also use this since it's mild enough and it is a cleansing oil. It removes make up even waterproof ones, so it can also remove those on brushes. I have made a review here and I mentioned that this oil emulsifies. Once mixed with water, it will turn to milk. 

Johnson's Baby shampoo - it's a baby shampoo so it has mild ingredients that won't harm the brushes. It won't make your brushes dry unlike other liquid soaps. I have tried and tested this a couple of times so I know it's a good cleanser if you're not in a rush to clean your brushes.

So here's what I did:

I used some of my brushes from ELF (since these brushes are cheaper, at least I can easily replace them in case this experiment will fail)


I put 3 drops of Pure Beauty Cleansing oil in a container and dipped the brush 


Stroked the brush on a piece of tissue to take out make up residue 


Look at all the residue that came off from the brushes! 


Then, I put a small amount of Johnson's Baby shampoo on my palm 


Also, dropped with water and stroked the brush again to cleanse off the oil 


Washed with running water while stroking my hands on the hair to make sure 
that it's totally rinsed off. 
Let it dry (hair should be on the edge, not laid flat)

So there, if I don't have a brush cleaner, I can always make use of these two, if I'm not on the go. The cleansing oil made a good job in preventing fall outs and bleeding of the brushes. :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully

    I can add you and follow.




    Makeup Cleansers

    ReplyDelete