Saturday, January 19, 2013

HOW TO: Sanitize Your Lipsticks

Happy Weekends everyone! I hope you guys are enjoying as well as me. Well, this is the only time that I can blog, so I'll try to make up for the days that I haven't been feeding you with my thoughts about cosmetics and stuff. :)

Today, I decided to clean and sanitize my "over" used lippies. Sanitizing our valued cosmetics are way very important as washing our brushes. If you have been to cosmetic counters inside department stores, you might have asked the sales lady or attendant to wipe the lippies before trying them out right? Have you noticed what they did? Try going into MAC counters, they usually spray something on the lipstick and wipe it out with a tissue before letting you try it. Or sometimes, they use a cotton tip to get some amount instead of giving you the whole tube. That way, you don't have to worry about the cleanliness of the lipstick that you'll be applying on your lips. :)

Here's how we should sanitize our lippies:

What you will need:


70% Isopropyl Alcohol
any container for dipping
tissue
lipstick

Here are the steps: 


1. Pour a small amount of alcohol in the container.



2. Dip the lipstick tip in the alcohol for about 10-15 seconds.



3. Gently wipe off with tissue and let them dry.

Just remember not to over dip the lipsticks 'cause it may absorb the alcohol and may soften them.

Do it as often as possible if you use your lipsticks with other people, but for personal use, once every 2 months is okay. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment